Coronavirus Updates in Montenegro
Covid-19 Measures and Prevention
As evidencing the very difficult situation with the covid-19 virus in the world, we wanted to inform you about all the actions taken by Montenegrin Government referring to local fellow citizens as well as travellers.
Updates on the situation in Montenegro
On March 17th 2020 in the evening, the first 2 cases of coronavirus in Montenegro have been registered. Today, June 22nd 2021, we have 298 active cases while the total number since the beginning of the year is 100092. The number of cases recovered is 98189. Unfortunately, 1605 persons passed away since the beginning of the year, some due to their previous health conditions, as covid-19 affected their state. The total of citizens vaccinated with the 1st doze is 148346 and with the second doze 129800.
- Vaccination started in March 2021. Today, May 19th, 113497 citizens have received the first dose of the vaccine.
Detailed actual measures you can find here, but with the latest updates Montenegro has stopped all the limitations.
The number of active cases by municipalities:
How it all went since the beginning...
* From June 30th, all EU citizens are allowed to enter Montenegro. Read more about travelling to Montenegro during COVID-19 here.
Many sports players and corporations, as well as individual businessmen, donated a lot of money these days to help Montenegro in fighting covid-19. It is beautiful to witness such a united reaction of our Government and people who willingly help their country and fellow citizens.
The Montenegrin Government started a campaign called #StayAtHome, together with the rest of the world, to prevent the occurrence and spread of the covid-19. Piece of advice given by the Government and Ministry of Health, as part of this campaign is the following:
- stay at home if you have any symptoms
- wash your hands often, for a minimum of 20 seconds and with the soap and warm water
- cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough
- avoid hugging and kissing others
- do not touch your face
- disinfect all the surfaces in your home, including phones, computers and tablets frequently.
Have a great time at home, stay safe, enjoy yourself with your family and read our blogs to have some fun and information on the destination. We will be updating information on the covid-19 situation in Montenegro and follow the Government and Ministry of Health releases.
Take advantage of these times, do your hobbies, do online courses, plan your next travel, or whatever you didn’t have enough time to do before this!