Purchasing Expenses for Properties in Montenegro
All you should know!
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Great Montenegro tour Kotor & Budva Old Towns & Skadar Lake
- Lake Skadar: Guided Sightseeing Boat Tour with Refreshments
- From Tirana or Durres: Private Transfer to Budva & Kotor
- From Cavtat: Montenegro Day Trip & Boat Cruise in Kotor Bay
- From Dubrovnik: Private Full-Day Tour to Montenegro
- Purchase tax or title transfer tax is 3% of the value of the property, which is determined by the tax office. This is usually the same value as stated in the Purchase Contract and has to be paid within fifteen (15) days from the date of completion of the purchase.
- The notary fee is based on the value of the property (agreed price). For example: if the price is 100.000 euro, the notary fee will be 350 euro + VAT (21%) = 423.50 euro. There may be additional fees related to the land registry application.
- If the parties wish to use the notaryâs escrow account then a service charge will be added. You can find more details on the this link.
- Legal assistance or lawyerâs fees. The fees will vary depending on the complexity of the transaction. Generally, a buyer can expect to pay 1000 â¬ for legal assistance, which includes the title deeds survey, negotiating the terms of the Contract up to your registration as the new owner. You can find more details here.
- Interpreterâs fee for the written translation is 20 â¬ per page (about 120 â¬ for the Contract), and an oral translation fee is 50 euro per hour. A licensed interpreter must be present at the signing of the Purchase Contract and in the presence of a notary if one of the parties is a non-resident.
- Various extras may vary up to 100 euro.
- Bank transfer charges. Sending money in and out of Montenegro can be expensive. Check with your banking institutions. The fees can range from 0.25% to 1%. A detailed list of the bank charges can be found on this link.