My Guide Website?
Lake Skadar: Early-morning Birdwatching and Photography Tour
Witness the early-morning calmness of Lake Skadar on this guided birdwatching boat tour. Observe many rare species of birds as they soar through the sky or dive deep to catch their prey.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Watch the nature of Lake Skadar wake up as you glide through its fresh waters.
- Cruise tucked inside a traditional wooden boat with a rooftop made from reeds.
- Observe the birds and admire their beauty as they catch fish or bask in the Sun.
- Sail down narrow paths with beautiful scenery following in the background.
- Explore the beautiful wilderness as you hear about the lake's flora and fauna.
DescriptionWake up early-morning and enjoy the calmness of Lake Skadar. Warm yourself up with a cup of coffee or tea, and let us lead you through the hidden paths of birds. Admire them as they soar through the sky and enjoy their victorious sound. Begin your journey in Virpazar - the townlet on the shores of Lake Skadar. Climb abroad your čun - the traditional wooden boat this area is known for. Sit back and enjoy the calmness as we lead you through the paths where birds like to 'hang out'. Have a coffee or tea to warm yourself up and binoculars to better observe the birds. Watch them closely as they soar through the waking sky or dive deep into the lake's waters to catch their breakfast or lunch. Hear the stories the lake hides and learn about its unique ecosystem that attracts a large variety of birds. Depending on the season, you can see black cormorants, gulls, coots, kingfishers, white and grey herons, eagles, turns, a range of ducks etc. Dalmatian pelicans are the symbol of the lake and a perfect ambassador. This one is hard to see, but let us check our luck - it's often on our side!
IncludesBirdwatching and sightseeing boat tour through Lake Skadar National park Local guide that will accompany you and tell the stories about the lake and surroundings Coffer or tea and blankets - to keep you worm
- Please note that the National park fee is not included in the price. It is mandatory to pay it upon arrival. It costs 5 euros per person (free for children under 15). Please note that we don't provide lunch or meals during the tour. You're welcome to bring your own food or eat out before/after the tour.