My Guide Website?
Skadar Lake: Birdwatching Boat Trip with Refreshments56 Reviews
Explore the natural beauty of Skadar Lake. Enjoy watching different species of birds, and take a refreshing swim surrounding by a dramatic mountain backdrop.
- See Fort Lesendro from the 18th century
- Explore the bird reserve situated inside the Moraca River
- Cruise through small, narrow channels, surrounded by reeds and water lilies
- Swim in Skadar Lake with breathtaking views all around you
DescriptionAs the boat leaves Virpazar, you will first cruise past Fort Lesendro, built in the 18th century. As you head out onto the lake, you will be able to see many species of birds, especially cormorants and seagulls. You may even see pelicans drying their wings on top of the fort’s walls. After that, you will cruise along the Moraca river. This area is a bird reserve and you will have the privilege to see up to 15 different bird species, depending on the time of the year. Next, the boat will proceed inside the small and narrow channels that are surrounded by water lilies and reeds. If you are lucky enough, you may have the chance to see some nests and baby birds. The boat will then cruise around three beautiful islands - Small Cakovica, Big Cakovica, and Lipovnjak. On the other side of the islands, you will have free time to go swimming, with the beautiful mountains of Vranjina in the background.
IncludesWater Local wine Safety equipment
- Please bring swimwear and towels
- Please note that entrance tickets to the national park are not included and cost €4 per adult