My Guide Website?
Bike tour - Downhill from Njegos Mausoleum to Kotor bay
Downhill from 1600m to zero, from the highest Lovcen peak to the sea in Kotor bay is something that you do not have chance to do every day.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Montenegro: Durmitor, Tara & Ostrog Monastery Day Trip
- From Tirana or Durres: Private Transfer to Budva & Kotor
- Virpazar: Private Guided Lake Skadar Boat Tour
- Panoramic Boat Tour to Vranjina Monastery & Wine Tasting
- Virpazar: Lake Skadar Private Wildlife Cruise & Wine Tasting
- Visit Lovcen National park is one of 5 Montenegrin national parks.
- Cycling few hours and have fun, but not get tired is very interesting.
- Visit Njegos Mausoleum, real masterpiece of architecture
- Observing Kotor bay and realize beauty of only southern fjord on Earth
DescriptionThis tour starts from Kotor or Tivat by car transfer all way uphill trough old serpentine road which is built in 19th century by Austrians. This road is 35km, it has 25 curves with stunning view on Kotor bay and it takes around 1.30 hours to reach starting position at the bottom of mausoleum. Here you would have short hiking at 461 stairs to the mausoleum, where you can visit Njegos statue and his tomb. After that we are heading back to the local restaurant for coffee or drink. Cycling starts from restaurant and first 10 kilometers you would have some downhill and few small uphill to the Krstac pass, from where you can see all Kotor bay like on a palm. For those who like adrenaline there is a ZIPLINE 400 meters long. From this position starts easy downhill for 25km all way down to the Kotor city. The road is protected by UNESCO. During downhill you will make stops for taking unique photos and enjoy observing Kotor and Tivat bay. This road is also used by car, so be careful.
IncludesUse of bicycle and Helmets Car transport from Kotor to mausoleum Biking guide Coffee and/or Tea Tickets for National park and Njegos mausoleum Snacks Bottled water
- This road is also used by other vehicles and you need to be confident and careful.