My Guide Website?
Lake Skadar: Visit the Montenegrin Venice5 Reviews
Unveil the wonders of Lake Skadar and the Pavlova Strana fjord, and visit the Montenegrin Venice. Enjoy nature's embrace, spot magnificent birds, and savour delicious local wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Montenegro: Durmitor, Tara & Ostrog Monastery Day Trip
- From Tirana or Durres: Private Transfer to Budva & Kotor
- Virpazar: Private Guided Lake Skadar Boat Tour
- Panoramic Boat Tour to Vranjina Monastery & Wine Tasting
- Virpazar: Lake Skadar Private Wildlife Cruise & Wine Tasting
- Visit Rijeka Crnojevića - the Montenegrin Venice.
- Glide through the meadows of water chestnuts and discover the ruins of Lesendro.
- Marvel at thousands of water lilies, covering the surface of the lake.
- Enjoy in the breathtaking vistas along the Pavlova strana fjord.
- Immerse yourself in the fresh waters of Lake Skadar, with a stunning background.
DescriptionDiscover the wonders of Lake Skadar as you glide across its pristine waters. Indulge in the flavours of local wine while meandering through the breathtaking landscapes that adorn the lake. Immerse yourself in the invigorating freshness of the water, enveloped by majestic mountain ranges, and delve into the captivating stories and rich history of Lake Skadar. Begin in Virpazar - the main gateway of Lake Skadar. Sail along a tiny river channel and observe birds catch the fish and soar through the sky. Exit the river and discover the vast blue waters of Lake Skadar, the far-away mountains of Albania, and Vranjina, along with its two peaks. Glide through the meadows of water chestnuts and discover the ruins of Lesendro, the 18th-century fortress and the Key of Lake Skadar. These ruins and their bird visitants will feast you with a stunning view. Feel the fresh air rush through your body, as you come close to Lake Skadar's largest tributary, Morača River. Continue your journey in the direction of three islands – Mala Čakovica, Velika Čakovica, and Kamenik. Have your breath taken away by the view these islets hide. Marvel at thousands of water lilies covering the lake's surface with their leaves. Sights to follow will satisfy your traveller's thirst. As you sail along the picturesque fjord Pavlova strana, you will reach Rijeka Crnojevića, a small fishing village. Explore this beautiful spot, situated only a few kilometres from the historical capital of Cetinje. The old stone bridge, named after Prince Danilo, will be the first to welcome you, next to the one-story building, built on the left shore of the river. You can't overlook it – it lies at the entrance of this beautiful townlet, and although built in the 15th century, it still looks impressive. After exploring the village, it's time to go back. In the meantime, be sure to bring your swimsuit! Take the opportunity and enjoy the refreshing waters of Lake Skadar.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Sightseeing boat tour with Wi-Fi onboard Map with stories from the Lake Skadar area Regional wine, juice, and water Life vests and other safety equipment
- Please note that this tour is subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. If it is raining or there are strong winds, we may alter the boat used for the tour, reschedule your booking for another day, or provide a full refund. We will contact you promptly in the event of any changes to your booking.