Places of interest
This artificial island was made in Perast. The church on the island and the island too was built in order to thank Our Lady for saving one of two brothers that found her picture in that very same place.
Citizens of Perast made the island bigger by throwing the rocks and sinking the old ships. The church was built in the fifteenth century, with the icon of Our Lady now standing in it. It was renovated in 1722 and contains 68 pictures by Tripo Kokolja, Baroque artist from Perast. There are also some Italian pictures here.