My Guide Website?
Skadar Lake: Self-Guided Bird Tour & Kayak Rental12 Reviews
Paddle past water lilies, reeds, and hundreds of different bird species as you kayak around the freshwater Skadar Lake.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Kotor: Blue Cave, Our Lady of the Rocks and Mamula Boat Tour
- Montenegro: Durmitor, Tara & Ostrog Monastery Day Trip
- From Kotor, Budva, Tivat or Herceg Novi: Boka Bay Day Cruise
- Great Montenegro tour Kotor & Budva Old Towns & Skadar Lake
- Lake Skadar: Guided Panoramic Boat Tour to Kom Monastery
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Skadar Lake
- See the 270 species of birds in the lake's sanctuary area
- Paddle around islands, old stone forts, and through reeds
- Relax on a fresh water beach and swim in the open lake
- Try fish soup in a local restaurant in the middle of the lake
DescriptionDrift around water lilies and reeds as you kayak through one of the biggest bird reserves in Europe. Spot Skadar Lake’s 270 bird species, including cormorants, gulls, and squacco. Take in the natural beauty at your own pace with one-hour, two-hour, and whole-day booking options. Begin your adventure in Virpazar with a basic safety and route briefing. Paddle through the open lake to a bridge that connects two villages, Virpazar and Vranjina, known as Little Venice. Take a break for fresh fish soup at the local restaurant if you’re feeling peckish before heading to Fort Lesendro. Glide past the bird sanctuary and around the islands of Cakovica and Kamenik. Lounge in the sun at the local beaches and swim in the clear lake waters.
- Kayaking might not be possible during bad weather conditions