My Guide Website?
Skadar lake cruise - Virpazar - Kom monastery - Virpazar1 Reviews
Enjoy the beauty of Lake Skadar as you cruise towards the Kom monastery. Experience the charms of Lake Skadar and the beauty of Kom Monastery with delicious local wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- The cruise starts from the small fishing village of Virpazar
- You pass through a picturesque narrow canal surrounded by greenery
- You pass by the walls of Lesendra, a fortress from the 18th century
- Cruising among the water chestnut meadows, enjoy in taste of the local wine
- Visit the medieval Kom monastery, see the centuries-old frescoes
DescriptionAfter visiting the authentic Crmnica fishing village Virpazar, board the boat and start an unforgettable adventure cruising the Skadar lake. Take the opportunity to feel the beauty of Lake Skadar by slowly sailing towards the medieval monastery Kom. After sailing out of the narrow channel, you will have the opportunity to see the mountain massifs of the neighboring Alabnia in the distance, after passing under the bridge you will see the walls of the ancient Lesendro fort, which was built in the 18th century. When we sail gently past three beautiful island decorated with a large number of green water lilies, we arrive at the pier below the Kom monastery. The monastery is located on top of a hill from where a beautiful view stretches towards the Skadar Lake and the surrounding mountain ranges. The monastery is painted with well-preserved colorful frescoes, while the ambiance and interior around the monastery is an unforgettable experience. On the way back, enjoy the blue water of the Skadar Lake, if you wish and conditions you can swim, after which we will return to the port of departure with a view of the untouched nature that surrounds you.
IncludesSightseeing boat trip from Virpazar to Kom Monastery. Panoramic sightseeing of Skadar lake. Safety equipment. Local guide will accompany you along the way. Trying local wine, water and soft joyce. This cruises is for groups of at least six people.
- You can bring your own food. As there can be traffic jams in Montenegro during the season, please plan your trip so that you have enough time to park and check in before departure.