My Guide Website?
Kotor: Blue Cave Private Boat Tour46 Reviews
Experience a private boat tour in Boka Bay, traversing the picturesque bays of Kotor, Herceg Novi, and Tivat. Visit the tranquil Blue Cave, the Lady of the Rocks, and an antique military base.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the striking natural beauty of Boka Bay from a boat
- Explore the world-famous Lady of the Rocks and see its iconic church
- Feel the breeze as you navigate to Kotor, Herceg Novi, and Tivat
- Enjoy a swim in the fascinating Blue Cave, only accesible by boat
- Visit an ex submarine military base and discover its tunnels
DescriptionThis tour includes cruising around the Bay of Kotor, in which you will enjoy panoramic views of the fishing villages, churches, and many more historical monuments. On our way to 'Our Lady of the Rocs' we will pass by Perast - one of the oldest settlements in the area, inhabited already in the Neolithic times. Your first stop is at an islet in the middle of Boka Bay known as 'Our Lady of the Rocks'. Legend says that this artificial island was created from stones local fishermen put upon a specific rock where shipwrecked crewmen found the icon of Madonna and Child. The church there was built in her honor. The interior of this 15th-century church features a marble altar holding an icon of Our Lady of the Rocks made by Lovro Dobric (a famous Balkan painter), as well as 68 paintings by Tripo Kokolja, including the famous The Death of the Virgin. Your Kotor Bay tour continues with a cruise to Tivat Bay where you will see an exclusive marina for mega yachts — Porto Montenegro. Continue to Herceg Novi Bay with its Byzantine and oriental architectural styles, and then onto island Mamula. You will also visit an ex-submarine military base. Your next stop is reserved for taking a refreshing swim in the mesmerizing Blue Cave, which can only be accessed by boat. The boat is equipped with soft and comfortable seat cushions, as well as refreshing cold drinks.
IncludesBoat trip Our Lady of the Rocks Island entry ticket Skipper/guide WiFi on board Water Snorkel masks Safety gear Insurance
- In certain situations, such as challenging weather conditions or high sea waves, the tour itinerary may need to be adjusted and the visit to the Blue Cave may have to be skipped. This is always done to ensure the safety and comfort of guests on the tour
- During April, May, September and October, the church of Our Lady of the Rocks and the museum are open until 5 PM, but you can still visit the island. In June it is open until 6 PM, and in July and August it is open until 7 PM.
- It is recommended that you dress warmer during the spring and autumn months because it can be chilly.
- The tour could be canceled if weather conditions are unfavorable
- Please be aware that finding a parking spot in Kotor during summer season can be quite challenging if you plan on arriving by car
- If you decide to visit the church, please keep in mind that there is a dress code, and you cannot enter in a swimsuit.