My Guide Website?
Virpazar: Skadar Lake Private Wildlife Cruise & Wine Tasting4 Reviews
Explore Skadar Lake and its native wildlife on a privately guided cruise, including a wine tasting, on a traditional wooden boat. Discover up to 15 bird species, the Moraca River, and Fort Lesendro.
- Cruise past Lesendro - beautiful fortress from 18th century.
- Explore the beginning of Moraca River - considered to be a bird reserve.
- Have your breath taken away by small and narrow channels..
- Take a refreshing swim surrounded by mountain wreath.
- Enjoy cruising inside traditional wooden boat.
DescriptionAs the boat leaves Virpazar, you will first cruise under the bridge and around Fort Lesendro, built in the 18th century. As you head out onto the lake, you will be able to see many species of birds, especially cormorants and seagulls. You may even see pelicans drying their wings on top of the fort’s walls if you are lucky enough. After that, you will cruise along the Moraca river. This area is a bird reserve and you will have the privilege to see up to 15 different bird species, depending on the time of the year. Next, the boat will proceed inside the small and narrow channels that are surrounded by water lilies and reeds. If you are lucky enough, you may have the chance to see some nests and baby birds. The boat will then cruise around three beautiful islands - Small Cakovica, Big Cakovica, and Lipovnjak. On the other side of the islands, you will have free time to go swimming, with the beautiful mountain wreath in the background.
IncludesWater Wine tasting
- Please note that if there's no departure time that works for you, you can contact the local partner and arrange a different departure time according to their availability.