My Guide Website?
Virpazar: Private Skadar Lake Cruise to Poseljani Village3 Reviews
Explore the wildest part of Skadar lake and discover a small, hidden pearl: the old village of Poseljani. Have your breath taken away by the beauty of this small village and its mills, as well as by the clean cold mountain water of the local waterfalls.
- Take a closer look at Fort Lesendro from the water
- Cruise through small channels surrounded by water lily carpets and reeds
- Observe a diversity of birds, including pelicans if you're lucky
- Visit and stroll around the beautiful old village of Poseljani
- Swim inside the clean cold mountain water of hidden waterfalls
DescriptionAfter meeting your local guide in Virpazar, cruise to the Lesendro Fortress and admire it from approximately 20 meters (66 feet) away. While there, see breathtaking scenery and a variety of birds, including cormorants, seagulls, and, if you’re lucky, pelicans. The birds love drying their wings on top of the walls of this fortification, with the beautiful mountain of Vranjina and the light blue sky in the background. Next, proceed inside the small and narrow channels surrounded by carpets of water lilies and reeds. This area is often called the safari part of the lake because it resembles wild passages in old forests. There, if you’re lucky enough, you will have the chance to see some nests and baby birds. The boat will then cruise around three beautiful islands — Small Cakovica, Big Cakovica, and Lipovnjak — before continuing in a similar small channel surrounded by the rough Montenegrin coast. This channel will lead you to the bottom of the hill where the village is situated. Upon arrival in Poseljani, enjoy a nice walk to explore the wild beauty around the lake and the village’s architecture, old mills, and bridges. After approximately 15 minutes, reach an area of natural waterfalls and have some time to refresh and enjoy this hidden pearl of the lake. Finally, return the same way to the boat and then cruise back to Virpazar across the open lake.
IncludesCruise Refreshments (bottled water, juices) Local wine Safety equipment
- Please contact the local partner to arrange the exact departure time according to your wishes and their availability a day or two before the tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts
- Please bring swimwear and towels
- Please note that entrance tickets to the national park are not included and cost €4 per adult