My Guide Website?
Virpazar: Kayak Rental for National Park Skadar Lake21 Reviews
Explore Lake Skadar and its unspoiled nature by kayak. Set off from the shore in Virpazar and paddle through narrow canals. Discover Lesendro and drift through lilies and reeds around the islands.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Montenegro:If youʻre booking your trip to Montenegro last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Kayak through small channels surrounded by beautiful wilderness of Lake Skadar
- Paddle around the ruins of Lesendro and observe birds soar through the sky
- Glide through the Morača River - The richest tributary of Lake Skadar
- Stop at one of the beaches to take a refreshing swim in the deep-blue waters
- Take in beautiful sceneries - mountain wreaths, rough coast and vast lake
DescriptionYou start at the centre of Virpazar - a small fishing village located on the shore of Lake Skadar. First, you will paddle through a small channel connecting the village and the open lake. Next, you aim for the bridge that is on your left side. After passing under the bridge, on your right, you will see a fortress called Lesendro. Unfortunately, this fortress has not withstood the test of time and, nowadays, you can see only her ruins. If you enjoy watching the birds, you should paddle around the fortress, which will lead you inside the beginning of river Morača - a bird sanctuary. After that, paddle to the three islands - standing in the middle of the lake. You will aim for the first one and make a circle around it from the right to the left side. You will have the opportunity to go through the most beautiful part of the lake - a small channel that is surrounded by water lilies and reeds covering the waters of Lake Skadar. Take your time and marvel at the wildlife surrounding you. When on the other side of the island - looking at the shore, you will see a few small beaches. If you want to take a break and swim to refresh yourself, any of these beaches is the perfect spot. After your break, you will just need to go back under the bridge, aiming for the entrance to the channel leading you back to Virpazar.
IncludesKayak Safety jackets Waterproof bag Information about the tour and route
- •Please note that the National park fee is not included in the price. It is mandatory to pay it upon arrival. It costs 5 euros per person (free for children under 15). •Keep in mind that, during the summer, Montenegro has constant traffic jams, so be sure to plan your journey to Virpazar ahead. By arriving earlier, you avoid headaches over finding a parking spot for your car.