My Guide Website?
Skadar Lake: Private Cruise around the Montenegrin Alcatraz4 Reviews
Discover the beautiful natural scenery, birdlife, and deep blue waters of Lake Skadar during a 1-hour cruise - perfect for those with not much time to explore the area. Get up close to Snakes Island and Montenegrin Alcatraz and take a refreshing swim.
- Cruise through the small river channel surrounded by reeds, water lilies, and trees
- Admire views of the deep blue water and Albanian mountains
- Observe Snakes Island and Montenegrin Alcatraz from approximately 20 meters distance
- Discover the incredible native birdlife of the Skadar Lake region
- Take a refreshing swim in the stunning crystal-clear waters
DescriptionStart the tour by boarding the boat at the dock in Virpazar. Then, set off on your scenic 1-hour cruise across the beautiful blue waters of Lake Skadar. First, navigate along a small river channel, surrounded by water lilies, reeds, and trees until you reach the open lake. Out on the open water, soak up the incredible views of Mount Vranjina and the impressive ranges in Albania. Cruise up close to Snakes Island for a closer look at the Montenegrin Alcatraz. Admire this impressive fortification called Grmožur from approximately 20 meters distance as you circle around it. During the journey, marvel at the breathtaking panoramas, and keep you eyes peeled for many species of native birds including cormorants, seagulls, and, if you are lucky, maybe some pelicans. Observe them drying their wings on the top of the walls of Grmožur. Next, the boat will stop in the middle of the open lake for the chance for you to take a refreshing swim. Ensure you bring your bathing suit and towel so you can immerse yourself in the crystal-clear blue waters. Finally, return back to the starting point where the tour concludes.
IncludesCruise Refreshments (bottled water, juices) Local wine Local guide Safety equipment
- -Please bring swimsuits and towels if you wish to swim -Please note that entrance tickets to the national park are not included and cost €4 per adult