My Guide Website?
Montenegro: Kotor Bay Tour with Boat Ride from Dubrovnik97 Reviews
Tour from Dubrovnik to Kotor Bay in Montenegro. Visit the city of Kotor and the village of Perast, and take a boat ride to the artificial island Our Lady of the Rocks.
- Enjoy a stunning drive through Konavle Valley
- Explore Kotor Bay, the second largest fjord in Europe
- Visit the old city of Kotor
- Explore Our Lady of the Rocks island
- Enjoy a stroll in the village of Perast
DescriptionVisit Kotor bay in Montenegro, one of the most scenic and picturesque places on the Adriatic Sea. It is also the biggest bay on the Adriatic, and because of its strategic importance in this turbulent region, it has been under rule by different nations. Each of them left a mark that can be seen today through a beautiful blend of architectural influences. Romans, Turks, Venetians, Austrians - each nation left a mark on this region and its cities. After your departure from Dubrovnik and a scenic drive through Konavle valley, enter Montenegro where you make a short stop at Verige to take photos of the beautiful landscape just before entering Kotor bay. Continue your drive along the coast through Risan and Perast, to reach Kotor. Often called the best preserved and prettiest town in Montenegro, this UNESCO-listed fortified city is famous for its city walls, a display of Venetian-inspired architecture, beautiful churches, and rich history. Whether it was independent, or as a part of the Byzantine Empire, Serbian kingdom, or Venetian republic, Perast may be one of the most historically intriguing places in Boka Kotorska. Baroque, renaissance palaces and narrow streets in Perast will take you back to a time of luxury and wealth. In Perast, you have the opportunity to take a boat ride and visit Our Lady of the Rocks island. The legend says that in 1452 two brothers found Mary’s picture on a rock in the sea. This led to a miraculous healing of one of the brothers. Ever since locals have been bringing rocks and sinking ships next to this rock. An island was formed and first, a chapel was built, then a church in its place. Some call it the Croatian Sistine chapel because of the artwork that enriches its walls. Itinerary: • Departure from Dubrovnik • 8:00 AM - Arrival at the border of Montenegro • 8:45 AM - Photo/coffee break (approx. 20 minutes) • 10:00 AM - Arrival to Kotor, local guided tour, free time (approx. 3 hours) • 1:00 PM - Drive from Kotor to Perast • 1:30 PM - Arrival in Perast, boat transfer to Our Lady of the Rocks island, free time • 3:30 PM - Departure from Perast • 6:00 PM - Approximate return to Dubrovnik
IncludesTransfer Guide Local guide in Kotor Boat ride Entrance to the island
- You are required to show a passport or EU ID before joining the tour
- Please provide the supplier with the following information for each guest: full name and surname, date of birth, number of the passport or ID for EU citizens, nationality from the passport/ID
- Please bring a swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a camera
- In bad weather, the tour does not visit the island Our Lady of the Rock, instead you will have more free time in Kotor and Perast