My Guide Website?
Monastery Kom: Skadar Lake Private Cruise & Wine Tasting
Explore Skadar Lake National Park on a privately guided cruise, including a wine tasting, in a traditional wooden boat. Discover Odrinska Gora, Monastery Kom, the Moraca River, and Fort Lesendro.
- Cruise along Fort Lesendro and enjoy birds drying their wings on top of it.
- With a traditional wooden boat, cruise through amazing small channels.
- Visit Monastery Kom and enjoy breathtaking view in front of it.
- Taste local wine while being surrounded by mountain wreath and rough coast.
- Take a refreshing swim on the most beautiful spot on the lake..
DescriptionClimb aboard your boat and set off to see the magnificent 18th-century fortress of Lesendro while admiring the breathtaking scenery around you. Cruise along the Moraca River, a bird reserve where you will be able to se up to 15 different species. Depending on the time of year, you'll spot native birds such as cormorants, seagulls, and if you're lucky, even pelicans. Cruise along the narrow channels of the Skadar Lake and gaze in awe at the carpets of beautiful lotus flowers and reeds. This area is often called the safari part of the lake because it resembles wild passages in old forests. If you are lucky, you will have the chance to see some nests with baby birds in it. Discover the three beautiful islands of Small Cakovica, Big Cakovica, and Lipovnjak and continue through a similar small channel leading you to Odrinska Gora, the home of the Monastery Kom. Listen to the tales and stories about its past and get acquainted with the lifestyle of the monks residing here. Marvel at the artworks inside the monastery and take time to explore this hidden island gem. Then, board your boat again, returning to the meeting point. On the way back, your captain will take an alternate route so you can admire the three islands from the other side. You'll also have the chance to go for a swim in the refreshing waters of the lake. Be sure to bring your swimsuit!
IncludesWater Wine tasting
- Contact the local partner if you want your tour to start at a time that isn't listed so they can provide you the tour according to your needs and their availability.