My Guide Website?
Kotor: Private Lovcen and Kotor Old Town Walking Tour
Journey high above Boka Bay along the Old Austro-Hungarian road and visit the world’s highest Mausoleum on this 5-hour guided tour. Afterward, take a thorough walking tour through the Old Town of Kotor, and see all the charming sights it has to offer.
- Travel along the twists and turns of the Old Road
- Receive the perfect introduction to this scenic and fascinating area
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Learn about the region's history from your friendly and professional guide
- Explore the streets of Old Kotor on a walking tour of the city
DescriptionMeet your guide in Kotor, and begin your journey along the famous Old Road. Constructed in 1879, this road was built by Austro-Hungarians who hoped to connect Kotor and Cetinje, the old royal capital of Montenegro. Climb the 25 sharp turns, or serpentines, of the Old Road. Feel your adrenaline pumping as your meander ever upwards along this narrow and winding path. Along the way, you’ll stop at serpentines number 5 and 25 and take in the mind-blowing views. Continue towards the Lovćen peaks. Conquer the “Sea of Rocks” as you drive through the National Park of Lovćen and reach the Lake Peak situated 1,660 meters above sea level. Drive up to the second highest peak of Lovćen and visit the highest mausoleum in the world. See the resting place of Petar II Petrović Njegoš, the greatest Montenegrin ruler and poet. Climb exactly 461 steps and see a statue of Njegoš sculpted by Ivan Meštrović. As you leave the mausoleum, pause and enjoy the amazing views of the rocky landscape of Montenegro. Drive to Old Town Kotor and take a walking tour of this charming locale. See the Arms Square, the clock tower, and Bizanti and Beskuća Palace. Stroll through the Flower Square, the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon, and Karampana Fountain. Visit the Maritime Museum and the Saint Nicholas Orthodox Church. Itinerary: 12:00 PM Start from Kotor (from the agreed location) 12:20 PM Photo stop at 5th serpentine 12:50 PM Photo stop at 25th serpentine 1:15 PM Arrival at the top of Lovćen, climbing 461 steps to the mausoleum 2:30 PM Return to Kotor 3:30 PM Arrival at the Old Town, walking tour 1.5 hours 5:00 PM Finish of the tour
IncludesTransportation by car, mini-van or mini-bus Professional English/Spanish-speaking tour guide Entrance fee to the NP Lovćen and Mausoleum Map of the City Entrance fee for Maritime Museum in the Old Town Bottle of water 0.5l per person
- Please bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, hat, and camera
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child prices available
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or the non-arrival of a cruise ship
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions