On Valentine's day, February 14th, at 8 PM, we will have a chance to attend a very interesting event called 'Chef's Night' which is organized by Hotel Cattaro, a third time in a row.
Five courses dinner will be prepared by the main chef of the restaurant 'Atelier' in hotel 'UNION' in Ljubljana, Mr Jorg Zupan. The professional support in cooking will be provided by the chef of Hotel Cattaro - Mr Bojan Frzovic.
This is a great opportunity for those who love or would love to try Slovenian kitchen. The dishes that Mr Zupan prepares are the great compound of the traditional and modern kitchen.
The price is 40 EUR per person.
Welcome drink - Monogram, quince liqueur.
The courses are following:
- Trout from Lake Bohinj, topinambur, pork cracklings, pumpkin oil
Pinot Grigio / Vinarija Jakončić, Goriška Brda, Slovenija
- Veal tongue with beetroot, mushroom sauce and dashi
Merlot / Vinarija Jakončić, Goriška Brda, Slovenija
- Scallops, polenta trdinka, bisque of lobster
Privat Jakončić / Sauvignon vert, Rebula, Pikolit / Vinarija Jakončić, Goriška Brda, Slovenija
- Lamb sirloin chuck served in Mediterranean marinade, 48 hours baked in a vacuum of sea salt 7 hours
Carolina crvena / Carolina Jakončić, Slovenija, Cabernet Sauvignon 75%, Merlot 20%, Cabernet Franc 5%
- 'Rubber knot' – buckwheat cake, with a macchiato, hazelnut ice cream and lemon
Žuti Muškat / Vinarija Bodren, Zagorje, Hrvatska.
Welcome, and enjoy!
My Guide Website?